SALAD RECIPE WITH SALTY TAMARIND DRESSING:
Combining exotic flavours in salty tamarind dressing served with prawns, crunchy green mango, grilled pineapple and cucumber, this green mango salad recipe is super refreshing. Great starter to get the taste buds moving.
Salty Tamarind Dressing
- 4 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2` tbsp shrimp paste
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- Soak tamarind pulp in a little warm water until soft. Then strain it in a large bowl and remove the pips.
- In the tamarind pulp, add shrimp paste and palm sugar and whisk well until you have a thick smooth consistency.
- Add lime juice and peanut oil to thin the dressing. Mix well.
- Add crushed chilli to taste. If prefer more spicy, add more.